A fine selection of prize winning beef cattle were purchased at the Royal Welsh Winter Fair and is now in stock ready for Christmas. Rob says “We undoubtedly have the choice of the finest primestock in the UK on show at the Welsh Winter Fair”. He hand-selected and purchased his choice of animals, making sure they have a good cover of fat and a well rounded loin, ensuring a meaty carcasse with good eating qualities. “We like to think we are able to offer our customers something a little extra-special for their Christmas table” he says.
Cattle were bought from the herds of
- regular suppliers, Aeron & Berwyn Hughes, Cwmhendryd who left the show with the trophy for the highest number of points gained in the cattle section;
- Dilwyn & Marion Evans and family of Tynant, Talybont with a 2nd prize winning Welsh Black heifer – a repeat performance of last year’s entry;
- Trebor Edwards & Sons of Betws Gwerful Goch with a pedigree Limousin Steer;
- another prize winning Welsh Black from Tecwyn Jones of Nebo, Llanrwst
- a prizewinning Limousin cross from Denley Jenkins and family, Pantyrodyn, Newcastle Emlyn.
Order your joints and steaks now to be sure of a tasty treat for your Christmas feast.